Christmas is my favorite holiday and decorating the Christmas tree is definitely a highlight of the season. While hanging the ornaments is my favorite part, adding candy canes is pretty special too. Sometimes our candy canes are only ornaments to look at, but sometimes we add real candy canes to the tree. The funny thing with the real ones, they seem to disappear before Christmas actually rolls around.
There are many legends associated with the candy cane. If you look around, you can find several books and stories about them. The Legend of the Candy Cane is one of those stories.
To make your candy cane craft:
1. Gather your supplies. Your supplies will vary depending on how much you decide to add to your project.
2. Print out the candy cane tags, there are two options to choose from.
3. Cut out tag and glue to a piece of card stock.
4. Punch a hole in the tag and thread ribbon or string through it.
5. Tie card to your candy cane.
You can always make the tags as simple, or as decorative as you like depending on the ages of the kids making the craft. The idea is to have fun and point the kids to Jesus!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.